Saturday 12 April 2014

Reverie

Reverie
I was stressed in Chester yesterday
at the station, awaiting a train
when a jester suggested a game to play,
was I hallucinating again?
‘You’re vexed and perplexed and your hair is a mess so I’m here to make you a hero.
There’s a dragon that ought to be slain!’
He danced as I glanced at his harlequin pants
with his jingle-bell hat he just looked like a twat so I ignored him.
Feckin’ hipster.

Then, as he’d feared – it was weird! – a dragon appeared!
In my hand, there manifested a sword.
‘It’s as I suggested, my lord!
Be blessed on your quest, thrust your blade through its chest
and enter the wyrm where it’s flawed.’
It had great scaly jaws, and some pneumatic doors,
and a penalty for the improper use of the chord.
‘Welcome aboard.
Please keep all personal items with you at all times.

Items left unattended may be removed or destroyed without warning.’

No comments:

Post a Comment